Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Choice Reasoning (Genre/Theme/Background)

Instead of choosing one genre, I decided on two. I just couldn't decide between two of my favorite bands, Pink Floyd (Rock) and Brand New (Alternative.) Both bands I hold very dear to my heart and I couldn't single either of them out. With my choice of genre made, I found it even more difficult to choose a theme for these bands. They both have a dark tone to their songs, but some of the other songs I wanted to write about weren't "dark" at all. So I sat there and thought, then realized why I really love these two. Their music REALLY makes you sit down and think for whatever reason. It could be the lyrics, or how something sounds. Something just draws you in.


The background of my blog was chosen because the picture is my favorite Pink Floyd album art, from The Wall. The lifeless sack of a person on the right is the character Pink (in the film) when he goes through a trial in his mind. The things on the left are the troubles in his past that haunt him, threatening to pull him from reality. I really enjoy the concept of the album and film, and I love how this picture is portrayed.

No comments:

Post a Comment